1995 Ford F150
Making headlines in 1995 was the introduction of Microsoft's Windows 95 operating system, and of course the unforgettable O.J. Simpson trial. Who can forget the white Bronco in that infamous chase? Well, the days of $1.09/gallon gas are long gone, but the F-Series is still the king of truck sales.
In 1995, the F-Series truck lineup surpassed the VW Beetle as the world's best-selling vehicle nameplate. Ford Motor Company also entered the Ford F-150 in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
1995 Ford F150 Video
Here's a video tour of a one-owner 1995 F-150 5.0L SuperCab with only 79,000 miles. What an impeccable truck. I encourage you to take a few minutes right now to check this truck out!
What's New For 1995
Well there were not a whole lot of changes over the 1994 F150 trucks. The FlareSide box was available again in 1995, however that would not be available on 1996 model trucks. Also, the rear jump seats in the SuperCab was replaced with a bench seat.
The SVT Lightning F-150 was back for 1995. This would be the last year for the first generation Lightning pickup. Lightning production for 1995 totaled 2,280. Of those, 824 black, 695 red, and 761 white trucks were produced.
New Eddie Bauer Edition
The biggest news for the F-Series this year was the introduction of the Eddie Bauer branded trucks. From the 1995 F-Series brochure:
NEW STYLISH AND RUGGED F-SERIES EDDIE BAUER
Ford teamed up with Eddie Bauer ten years ago to create what has become a popular line of personal-use utility vehicles and vans combining exceptional style and comfort. Now there's an F-Series superbly outfitted to live up to the Eddie Bauer name.
1995 Ford F-Series Powertrains
A new 7.3-liter, "Power Stroke" turbo diesel became optional on F-250 Heavy Duty pickups. Matched to a four-speed automatic gearbox, the new engine put out 210 horsepower and 425 foot-pounds of torque, making it ideal for heavy hauling and towing applications.
For 1995, the reliable 4.9L inline six cylinder engine got a slight power bump from 145hp to 150hp for '95. Torque is up 5 lb-ft to 260 lb-ft as well. The 5.0L V8 (302 cid) gets a power increase too, up to 205hp and 275 lb-ft torque (196hp for automatic transmission equipped trucks). And the 5.8L V8 (351 cid) power is up slightly to 210hp and 325 lb-ft of torque. The 7.3L diesel V8 Powerstroke engine in heavy duty F-Series trucks gets 235 horsepower and 525 lb-ft of torque.
1995 Ford F-150 Standard Features & Available Options
Standard features include:
- Driver Front Airbag
- Power Brakes
- Tinted Glass
- 4.9L I6 OHV 12V FI Engine
- 15 Inch Wheels
- Regular Unleaded Fuel Required
- 5-Speed Manual Transmission
- Automatic Locking Hubs (4WD equipped)
- Steel Wheels
- Rear-Wheel ABS
- Front Bench Seat Vinyl Seating
- Power Steering
- Power Brakes
- Power Point Electrical Accessory Outlet
- Interval Wipers
Available options for the 1995 F-150 include:
- 4-Speed Automatic Transmission
- AM Audio System
- AM/FM Audio System
- AM/FM/CD Audio System
- AM/FM/Cassette Audio System
- Air Conditioning
- Camper/Trailer Towing Package - includes super engine cooling, trailer wiring harness, heavy-duty turn signal flasher, handling package, and heavy-duty battery
- Cloth Seating
- Cruise Control
- Limited Slip Differential
- Manual Horizontal Sliding Rear Window
- Power Door Locks
- Power Windows
- Rear Step Bumper
- Tilt Steering Wheel
Interior trim colors depended on the exterior paint color. Interior color choices included Royal Blue, Ruby Red, Opal Grey, and Medium Mocha. Available paint color choices for 1995 include:
- Desert Copper Clearcoat Metallic (N/A on Flareside)
- Electric Red Clearcoat Metallic
- Sunrise Red Clearcoat Metallic (N/A on Flareside)
- Iris Clearcoat Metallic
- Brilliant Blue Clearcoat Metallic
- Royal Blue Clearcoat Metallic
- Deep Forest Green Clearcoat Metallic
- Tobago Green Clearcoat Metallic
- Black Clearcoat
- Crimson Clearcoat
- Light Opal Clearcoat Metallic
- Tucson Bronze Clearcoat Metallic
- Oxford White
- Raven Black
- Colonial White (N/A on Flareside)