1950 Ford F-Series Pickup Trucks
Models include the F-1 half ton, the F-2 three quarter ton, and the F-3, the heavy duty truck.
Engines available include:
- 226 cid (3.7L) Inline 6 cylinder - 95 horsepower
- 239 cid (3.9L) Flathead V8 - 100 horsepower -- Specifications:
- Bore 3.1875 inches
- Stroke 3.750 inches
- Compression Ratio: 6.80:1
- 24 Head bolts, 2 barrel Ford-Holley carburetor.
The biggest difference between the 1949 and 1950 Ford trucks was that the shift lever was moved from the floor to the steering column on the three speed standard.
Restored '50 F-1 Video
Here is a video we found showing a beautifully restored 1950 F-1. We didn't produce the video but we wish we had a chance to check out this great truck ourselves!
It might sound strange today, but back in 1950, a right side tail light was an option. As was an electric shaver, and:
- rear bumper
- right-hand windshield wiper
- heater and defroster
- right-hand sun visor
- oil filter
- "See-Clear" windshield washer
- turn indicator lamps
1950 Ford F-Series Paint Colors
- Raven Black
- Palisade Green
- Meadow Green
- Sheridian Blue
- Silvertone Gray
- Birch Gray
- Dover Gray
- Sunland Beige