1949 Ford F-Series Pickup Trucks
The 1949 Ford F-Series is very similar to the 1948 Ford Truck. Available models include the F-1 half ton, the F-2 three quarter ton, and the F-3, the heavy duty truck.
Like the '48 trucks, on the front of the hood there were two "grille" openings. You opened the hood by pulling on the passenger side center bar. The driver side bar is fixed.
Engines available include:
- 226 cid (3.7L) Inline 6 cylinder - 95 horsepower
- 239 cid (3.9L) Flathead V8 - 100 horsepower -- Specifications:
- Bore 3.1875 inches
- Stroke 3.750 inches
- Compression Ratio: 6.80:1
- 24 Head bolts, 2 barrel Ford-Holley carburetor.
The 1948-1952 Ford pickups are a popular choice for truck enthusiasts who like to restore classic trucks. 1949 Ford Trucks were built in Michigan at the Highland Park Ford plant.
1949 Ford F-1 Rear View (Red)
1949 Ford F-1 Video
Here is a video of a '49 F-1 in very good condition. It's not our video, it's one we found on YouTube:
1949 Ford F-Series Paint Colors
- Meadow Green
- Chrome Yellow
- Birch Gray
- Medium Luster Black
- White (special order only)
1949 Ford F-1 F-2 F-3 Serial & Engine Numbers
The serial and the engine numbers are the same on 1949 F-Series trucks and are located on the glove box door and on the top left side of the frame near the steering gear.
- The first digit indicates the year, 9 = 1949
- The second and third digits denote the engine, 7H = 6-cylinder or 8R = 8-cylinder engine
- The fourth digit (letter) identifies the model line: A = Passenger, C = 1/2 Ton pickup, Y = 3/4 Ton and T = 1 Ton
- The last 6 digits indicate the production sequence
1949 Ford F-1 Interior
'49 F-1 Interior
All photos of the red '49 Ford F-1 shown on this page are used with permission from Brian Page (fairportboss).
1949 Ford F-Series Resources
- Classic Ford Truck Forum
- ClassicTruckShop.com 1949 Ford F1 Article
- Flathead V8 Specifications
- 1949-1953 Flathead Tune Up OEM Specifications