2010 Ford F150 Super Duty Trucks
Summary: New F-150 SVT Raptor, bigger changes coming for 2011 though.
2010 Ford F150
What's new for 2010? Well, the F-150 Raptor edition is new! Other updates for the 2010 F150 include an upgraded brake system, electric cooling fans, and MyKey. There's talks of a diesel F150 but Ford is not saying much about that yet.
Ford has also confirmed that we will see an EcoBoost engine
2010 2011 F150 which will be available for order in the second half of 2010. Details are forthcoming but we expect
it to be the 3.5L or 3.7L V6 engine used in other Ford products. For those of
you not familiar with EcoBoost, that is a Ford engine with a turbocharger and
uses direct fuel injection. It gives you the power of a V8 engine but with V6 fuel economy.
- 2010 Ford F-150 Overview
- 2010 Ford F150 Specs
- 2010 Ford F-150 Product Sheet (PDF)
- 2010 Ford F-150 Paint Colors
Extra details on what's new for the 2010 F-150:
- an upgraded braking system which consists of larger front rotors (350mm now instead of 330mm diameter), bigger calipers and mounting bolts, a modified power brake booster which has internal changes for pedal feel tuning, a new master cylinder with a piston/bore size increase from 1-1/16" to 1-3/16", a modified brake control module, a vacuum sensor (was used on 6.2L, now also on 4.6L and 5.4L equipped trucks), and higher mu rear caliper linings
- new electric cooling fans for all engines, replacing engine-driven fans for improved efficiency
- the Max Trailer Tow Package is available now on XLT models with 17" tires
- new MyKey feature: My Key allows owners to program a key to: Limit vehicle speed, Activate speed alert chimes, and Limit maximum audio volume; promotes safe driving habits for whoever may be driving the vehicle
- power sliding rear window with privacy tint now has defrost feature; standard on Lariat and higher series; optional on XLT & FX4
- last but not least, the new F150 RAPTOR edition
2010 Ford Ranger
The 2010 Ford Ranger continues to serve customers well. The Ranger has a long reputation of being fun to drive, with multiple usefulness. It is one of Ford trucks that has a excellent reputation for of being dependable and rugged. The biggest news for 2010 is that roll stability control (RSC) and side seat air bags are now standard equipment.
What's new on the 2010 Ford Ranger?
- Roll Stability Control® (RSC) and Side Seat Airbags are new and standard equipment on all series
- Air conditioning now standard equipment on XL trim level
- Rear Jump Seat - Standard Rear Jump Seats on 2-Door Super Cab and 4 – Door Super Cab
- Bucket Seats - Standard Cloth Sport bucket seats on SPORT (non-Fleet)
- Steering Wheel - Standard black urethane tilt steering wheel on SPORT·Standard black leather tilt steering wheel on XLT
- Steel Chrome Wheel - XLT 15”x7” Steel Chrome Wheel
Ford has not announced anything yet regarding the 2011 or 2012 Ranger. Rumor has it is that the Ranger will be reincarnated as a unibody truck (think: Honda Ridgeline) and will be called the F-100.
- 2010 Ford Ranger Overview
- 2010 Ford Ranger Specifications
- 2010 Ford Ranger Product Sheet (PDF)
- 2009 Ford Ranger